Salary: Around 23K
If you can convince us that you’d bring more value to the role then we’d be happy to listen. If you don’t think you’re quite at that level but want to grow, let us know.
We have a full-time role in mind but we are open to discussions about flexible working patterns or other options.
Our studio is based in Greenwich, London. We are a team (not just a collective of freelancers). Some work fully or partly remotely (in the UK and around the globe). We are finding our way out of the pandemic. Currently, most people are partly working in the studio. Long term we expect to return to the collective culture and benefits of working full-time from our studio.
How to apply
Let us know why you’d be the ideal fit us. Include evidence of why your experience, interest and skills align with our needs.
Apply by: 25th October 2021
We’ve got work to get on with straight away. But we’d much rather wait for the right person than rush to employ a compromise candidate.
We are looking for someone who loves methodical order and enjoys implementing the systems to make it happen.
This is a hands-on, full-time role for someone who wants to get stuck-in to helping to run one of the UK’s most successful creative sector design agencies.
You’ll be a vital part of our team, providing and maintaining a structure and environment for our team to thrive in.
This is a busy multi-faceted role with many daily, weekly and monthly tasks alongside the need to take on wider projects and to deal with problems and opportunities as they arise. You’ll need to juggle many tasks whilst maintaining a cheerful and helpful approach to clients, colleagues and suppliers.
You’ll be in charge of our admin, from the day-to-day bookkeeping to arranging our monthly cultural outings.
This is a job that you can make your own and a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop. We are looking for someone to exceed our expectations and challenge our preconceptions.
- Maintaining our working environment or finding the right suppliers to do so
- Overseeing health and safety duties, including Covid-19 health and safety and fire safety provision
- Providing confident IT support to our team and maintaining our computer network
- Scrupulous day to day bookkeeping, invoicing and record keeping, liaising with our Director to ensure that bills are paid on time and that we charge promptly for our work
- Acting as the first point of contact for our clients by answering the phone and greeting guests
- Organising our fortnightly breakfast briefings with external speakers
- Liaising with suppliers and nurturing relationships to ensure we get the best value (not just the cheapest)
- Managing our administrative systems while always looking out for ways to improve them
- Organising activities including our monthly cultural outings, Xmas meal and annual team discussion day
- Championing equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging at Cog
- Always seeking new ways to make our work and our business practices more environmentally sustainable
We’re looking for someone who can show us they’d be a great addition to our team. That probably means they can demonstrate the following:
- Highly organised with a meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to effectively manage many concurrent projects
- A problem solver, calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Numerate with experience in handling bookkeeping and purchasing
- Comfortable following existing (written)instructions when needed, and using your own initiative when appropriate
- An understanding of when to escalate and when to use initiative
- Self-starter with a desire to constantly improve and develop
- Positive attitude and energetic approach to working in a team
- Interest in the work of Cog Design and our clients
Additionally some of the following qualities would be useful:
- Experience of working in a creative office/studio environment
- Experience of working with creative and technically minded people
- A knowledge and experience of working in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors
- Knowledge and experience of using Harvest (project management and time-tracking), Xero (accounts), Google Apps for Business and Adobe Creative Cloud
- IT knowledge and ability to troubleshoot problems